Saturday, May 1, 2010

Epilogue

Take me back to the place I once knew
The place I call my heaven
Memories of then would hurt and cut me deep today
But it’s worth any sacrifice

I remember a hot, sunny day in July
I held love in my arms and felt like flying
My heart burst through my chest
This feeling, inexplicable

I live in a cold, dark, lonely winter
He is gone and I try holding onto the only day I’ve ever really lived
I now know that I was never meant to have that love forever
That one day, it would inevitably end
But I would give everything I own, everything I possess, for those 24 hours.
-----------------------------------------

This is my last blog, I don't know if anyone'll read it. I figured since I started off with gooey, lovey, mushy stuff... I'd end with the gooey, lovey, mushy stuff.

Thanks for reading my work!

Song that inspired this blog: 'Kiss the Rain' - Yiruma

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the process of putting together a "Whitman Sampler." Its' basically the best pieces of creative writing from the past three years of the program. I'd like to put a few pieces of yours in this volume, if that's ok with you. If it is, I just need to know whether you'd like me to use your actually name in the book or your user name for the blog.

    I'm extremely proud of the work that you've produced. I hope you keep it up!

    Warmest regards,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete