Sunday, January 31, 2010

Standstill

Last night, I had a dream.

In my dream, I ran down a dark corridor, constantly looking over my shoulder. It seemed that I was afraid of something or someone. After a while, I grew winded and stopped to take huge, gasping breaths. I looked behind me to see an eerie, incandescent light coming around the corner. Then I felt my feet begin to carry me away, as I started running again.

Suddenly two identical doors appeared before me. I came to an abrupt stop a few feet away from them. I felt my head tilt a little and frowned in confusion. These doors looked vaguely familiar to me, as if I had passed by them before. Somehow, I knew that one led to an empty, seemingly endless hallway. My instinct told me to avoid that door at all costs. But I didn’t know what was behind the other door.

I knew that I had to make a quick decision. I felt the strange light behind me, closer than before. Fear took over me. My heart pounded in my chest and I shut my eyes. My entire body froze in place. I was unable to move and found myself unable to speak.





And then I woke up.



I jolted up in my bed and my eyes flew open. I looked around my dimly lit bedroom and felt as if someone was already standing there, watching me.

Song that inspired this blog: 'Already Over' - Red
"You never go.
You're always here (suffocating me)
under my skin.
I cannot run away.
Fading slowly."

No comments:

Post a Comment