Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Looking for an answer

The only one I’d willingly die for,
but I’ve come to question you everyday

You’ve become a ghost
Still haunting me
Clouding my head with your memory

I sit here, conflicted and alone

But sometimes, I drop to my knees,
pleading for you to be real
so that you could save me
when everyone else leaves

I wish for yesterday,
when I didn’t know the world
and everyone was happy

They all looked at you with happy smiles
and spoke only kind words about you
They told me to believe in everything you said

I relied on you heavily,
pretending that you loved me and protected me

And when I needed you…
Where were you when my heart shattered and my soul burned?
Why haven’t you come to fix the damage?

I’ve opened my eyes,
not liking the truth I see
Whoever said that you are, lied
You’re not perfect

You’re a dream
A place where I could run to when I get scared and feel insecure
I’ve thrown you away a long time ago
But, here you are again
Standing at my doorstep
They beg me to let you in


Song that inspired this blog: 'Already Over' - Red
"Give it all to you,
Letting go of me.
Reaching as I fall,
I know it's already over now."

Side Note: I used the same song because this blog and the previous post are related topics.

4 comments:

  1. The raw emotionality of this poem is quite powerful. When you write, are you generally inspired to do so by songs or music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have been remembering certain moments in my life and started writing. Sometimes music will provoke certain memories for which makes the process a little faster =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, we will not have class on Wednesday because the College is operating on a Monday schedule. This does not mean that you don't have work to do. By Feb 17th you should have reached the following targets:

    Blog Posts: about 25
    Photos: about 50

    We appreciate the fact that many of you are putting some effort into your writing. We can see that a few of you are definitely trying to move beyond your comfort zone and get a little funky. Keep it up!!!

    If you'd like to start working on some of the exercises in Chapters 4 and 5, copies are available in the philosophy house [1079 Hempstead Ave.]. You might find some of these exercises--which focus on the stories of your life and your relationships with intimate others--to be more interesting than those in chapters 1-3.

    You should also make an effort to comment on at least 6 student's posts everytime you go on line. Damian also feels neglected because none of you are commenting on his wonderful writing. You might want to check his stuff out to see what really good writing looks like.

    See you on Feb 24th!

    ReplyDelete