Monday, March 15, 2010

Disappear Party Crasher

So what do you do when love dies? What do you do when something you had come to rely on for years suddenly fades away? I’ve recently learned that it’s possible that these things could happen. Love can wither and die. People can fall out of love. Unfortunately for me, Cinderella failed to mention this.

I don’t know what made this happen. I did everything as I always did. We talked, we texted, we skyped, and we saw each other once or twice every other month (we did the long-distance thing). I guess somewhere in between having my morning coffee and whining about rush hour, I realized ‘it just wasn’t working out.’ I realized I just don’t feel that special spark anymore.

I didn’t know who to blame for that. Lord knows I wanted to cry and throw tantrums to get it back but it just up and left me. No explanations at all. No, “Hey, nice doing business with you, but we’re looking for greener pastures and you’re just not doing it for us anymore.” The spark rejected me. I got dumped by a spark.

I had no choice. I obviously still loved him. I cared about him enough to let him go. I couldn’t give him what he wanted; what he had deserved. He needed a future, a wife, some kids, and a puppy. It’s like an equation.

Him + Me + an endless supply of spark = marriage, kids, and puppy

So some sparkage is necessary, here folks.

Let’s get back to serious. What do you do when it all ends? It’s unavoidable. Some things just weren’t meant to be, I know, but what’s the protocol? What happens after love goes? After you tell him goodbye? How do you make the guilt go away? How do you go on living?
--------------------------------------------

Song that inspired this blog: 'All I Have" - Amerie
"But your smile just don't seem the same
And when you tell me you feel it too
I'm not sure who's to blame
Cause I gave everything"

1 comment:

  1. +3

    Now I really have to insist that you work to surpise me...No more morbid lovey dovey stuff. You do that very well, but now I want to see you try something different.

    How about humorous? Or flash fiction?

    ReplyDelete