Friday, March 12, 2010

Look Pretty

My face is - not pretty.

Though I am only twenty years old, my eyes are worn with age. There are many things... I wish I hadn't seen. I hold a blank stare - lifeless.

My nose is rounded and is flattened close to my face as if it fears its outside environment. It's bruised on its right side, a mark from my birth. It's almost as though I had already taken on a beating from the second I'd been brought into the universe.

My lips pout - the upper one slightly bigger than the bottom - and the ends tilt downward, etched in a permanent frown. I often marvel at my ability to crack a smile, if not only for a mere two seconds.

My eyebrows are imperceptibly furrowed. I always worry.

I see faint creases on my forehead - a sure fire sign of the wrinkles to develop, though I'm only twenty years old.

My face - is ugly.
---------------------------------------------

Song that inspired this blog: 'Cheryl Tweedy' - Lily Allen
"Wish I had blonde hair
Wish I had green eyes
So many things about myself that I despise
So many things about my life that I despise
There's so many things that I despise
So many things that I despise"

No comments:

Post a Comment