Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Penitence

She stopped suddenly, letting her fingers grasp at the cold, rusted metal of a chain-link fence. Images of yesterday clouded her mind as she wondered, ‘Why?’ She’d made an informed decision, breaking two hearts while doing so. How could love come into your life, when it was never meant to stay? Clenching her hands, she silently willed the pain to go away. Blinking furiously at the teardrops threatening to fall, she spared the fence a look of longing and walked away.

--------------------------

Side Note: My entry for Six Sentences... I did a longer version in class that I felt much more proud of but this entry got accepted! =)

Song that inspired this blog: 'Littlest Things' - Lily Allen
"The littlest things that take me there
I know it sounds lame but its so true
I know its not right, but it seems unfair
the things are reminding me of you"

Side Note #2: JUST found a song that goes great with the entry. You have NO idea how much it bothered me not to have a piece of music attached to my writing... er, blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this is good. Congrats! +3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone my name is Lisa Viola, I am Professor Russo’s new graduate assistant. I will be commenting on your daily blogs. I look forward to chatting with you. If you have any question just blog me I will be checking it daily!

    ReplyDelete