Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Unrequited Love


Your eyes are blue and that amazes me.

everywhere I go, I see dull and listless brown. That bores me.

Then again, it could be because my eyes are brown.


I ran into you the other day at the market.

I didn't think you knew I existed.

Our eyes met and we stood silent for many minutes before you told me.

"Your irises are brown and that amazes me.

Everywhere I go, I see a murky, dismal blue. That depresses me.

Then again, it could be because my eyes are blue."


I laughed and held your hand for many minutes.

Our eyes were blinded by things we couldn't see.

You thought I never knew you existed.

---------------------------------------------------------


Song that inspired this blog: 'Melt my Heart to Stone' - Adele

"And I hear your words that I made up.

You say my name like there could be an us.

I best tidy up my head, I'm the only one in love.

I'm the only one in love."

1 comment: